Nothing much (p.60-61):
- Dave wants to meet up with Liz but she doesn't.
- They don't talk to each other until their departure.
The Book (p.65-73):
- Dave buys a hat at the Red Fort that Liz dislikes.
- They take a rickshaw to get back to the hotel.
- They get Bhagavad Gita from J in exchange for Oscar und Lucinda.
- Dave and Liz decide do go to Simla.
- Dave and J get into an argument because J's parents send him money.
A sadist's zero-gravity chamber (p.73-77):
- Dave and Liz have bus tickets to get to Simla.
- J tells him that their seats were at the back, which were bad ones.
A few strategic apologies (p.78-89):
- Arrival in Simla, spend a few days there. Dave sends a couple of postcards home.
- They go further up into the mountains to a small town called Manali and stay at the Rainbow Lodge.
- There they smoke A LOT of weed/dope etc. and the tension between them starts to loosen up.
- They socialize with the people who are also staying at the same hotel and talk about India.